Yesterday Facebook released amendments to their S-1 filing document. Ahead of its public offering Facebook has placed a $77bn valuation on itself – and has revealed that it is to pay $550m for a batch of Microsoft payment formerly owned by AOL.
Facebook expects to raise $5 billion in its IPO, which may value the company at close to $100 billion. The company will trade on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol “FB.” The company now employs 3,539 people full time
Judy Viitanen and the PRimage team reviewed the latest S-1 document and found the following insights and stats very interesting. We hope you do too!
Here are some key stats from the amendment:
- Monthly active users now total 901 million (up from 680 million a year ago).
- Daily active users are up to 526 million (up from 372 million last year).
- Monthly mobile users now total 488 million.
- 300 million photos are uploaded to the site each day.
- 3.2 billion Likes and Comments are posted daily.
- 125 billion friendships are forged per day.
- Facebook will pay $300 million in cash, plus 23 million shares of common stock for photo-sharing app Instagram.
- If the Instagram deal falls through, Facebook will pay $200 million.
- Revenue for the first quarter of 2012 was $1.058 billion, up from $731 last year.
- Net income dropped to $205 million for the quarter, down from $233 last year.
Facebook History & Milestones
Tags: advertising, AOL, brands, Business, Facebook, Facebook Developers, Facebook IPO, Facebook S-1 filing, Facebook Users, Facebook Valuation, Internet, Judy Viitanen, Marketing, Microsoft, Patents, PRimage, Social media, social media marketing, Social networking, Social Networking Sites, success, USA